Backlinks are a very common topic among internet marketing forums. If you work in SEO, you will need to use backlinks of some sort. For this article, rather than discussing what we realize about backlinks, let’s discuss some items that lots of people THINK they know but are actually huge myths about backlinks. It is my hope that you’ll learn something in this posting which can save you hours of work down the road later on. With that, here’s my list of the very best five myths about backlinks.
1. To start out things off, let’s discuss the most common myths about backlinks. Lots of people think that the more backlinks which you have, the better. This is simply not always true! While 5,000 profiles could be good, I would rather have a backlink from the PR7 homepage than 5,000 profile backlinks. All backlinks aren’t equal. Some backlinks are much better than others, and it’s always all set with quality over quantity. For instance, 250 article backlinks can frequently be more powerful than 5,000 forum profiles because the article backlinks are listed on more relevant pages together with your article.
2. A standard mistake that I visit a lot of people make is they only build backlinks with their website once and then forget about it. If you are running a big website, you have to create backlinks regularly. If you just create backlinks once, your website might not last that long in the search engine rankings. Backlinks may get deleted, your competition may create more backlinks, etc.. You need to create backlinks regularly!
3. Another myth that has been recently in the news is the idea that using the same anchor text for all of one’s backlinks is okay. Many people learned the hard way recently with a recently available update that keeping your anchor text the same for all your backlinks might reduce the power of these backlinks. Se’s will view this as unnatural and may attempt to limit the effect of the backlinks.
4. Since we are on the topic of anchor texts, another myth that many people believe is that you HAVE to have some kind of anchor text. This is not always true. You can still receive some benefit from just a URL address without an anchor text. While this might not provide just as much of a boost for a specific keyword, it can benefit you overall with a few of your rankings and potentially enhance your rankings for multiple keywords. If someone offers you a free of charge PR3 link with just your URL, join it! Anchor text doesn’t always have to be present for an impact!
5. Finally, I’m going to discuss probably the most debated topics in backlinking. The idea that to numerous backlinks will penalize you. Lots of people swear that is true. From my experience though, I’ll call this a myth. I’ve NEVER had a website that was banned by Google for to many backlinks. In addition, nowhere in Google’s webmaster guidelines do they say that backlinks are a reason behind possibly being banned. Here is something to consider. If to numerous backlinks could penalize your website, what is stopping people from creating thousands of backlinks with their competitor? Corporations spend huge amount of money on SEO work and making sure they rank at the top. Is the answer really just developing a few thousand backlinks and hurting their competitor? Needless to say not. Google knows this, plus they know that if anyone could penalize anyone’s site, the search engine index would be in serious trouble. YOU ARE NOT going to get penalized for to many backlinks. The worst case scenario is that the search engines figure out you’ve created thousands of backlinks, and choose to lower the value of those backlinks leading you to lose the rankings you once had. It may also result in a fluctuation in rankings because the search engines try to find out where your site should be placed. You’re not going to get banned though. Anytime I’ve talked to someone who swears their website was banned for backlinks, I usually end up finding something on the website that has been breaking the webmaster guidelines.
Well, I hope you enjoyed this article. Hopefully you have learned a bit from this article. 1und1 website When you are struggling to attain your desired rankings, perhaps this article will help with changing a few of your strategies so that you can avoid a number of the mistakes you may be making. Good luck!